Thursday, April 10, 2008

Moving On

Wow what a whirlwind the last two months have been. Selling our house and moving was an experience in itself. Autumn was a wonderful baby and I thought we were going to have this move done without any hitches. Then the drama started happening. This special day was two days before signing on the house. We were getting the last little things out of the house and was going to start cleaning so we ordered pizza. I asked September to put the boxes in the oven on low to keep them warm for when Kevin gets home. So she did so (the wonderful daughter she is). After a few minutes I smell something burning. I walk into the kitchen and think "PIZZA!!". I open the oven and the top box is on fire. September just piled the boxes in the oven without separating them on the racks. I grab the boxes and throw them in the sink. Then spray water on them because they actually have flame. Needless to say two out the three pizzas were ruined. All I can think of is I hope the oven is not ruined and I can get the smell out of the house by the walk through. I did:)

Kevin gets home and we eat our burnt pizza and load up our vehicles with the first of what is supposed to be many loads. We get a couple of miles from the rental and I stop at an intersection stop light. The light turns green and I start across the intersection picking up speed. Then our dog (Daisy) falls/jumps out of the moving vehicle. No, I am not joking. I immediately and instinctively pull the car over to the curb jump out and run to get my yelping dog out of the middle of the intersection. I have blood all over me and have no idea what part of Daisy is actually bleeding. Later I find out from Kevin, who was a couple cars behind, that the bystanders had their jaws hanging open in awe at what they just saw. I then run back to the car hand the pup over to September and speed home. Derek and September were with me and were crying and frantically asking me questions if Daisy was dying. I told them to stop it and that the best thing they could do right now for Daisy was to pray. I get in the driveway and rush Daisy into the house and lay her in the bath tub to examine her. She was really skinned up. Mainly on one leg (all you see is muscle) and she can not put any pressure on her other front leg. It did not feel broke but needed wrapped also. Surprisingly other than minor cuts she seemed ok but in shock. Kevin rushed to the store for first aid supplies. We all prayed for her and wrapped her wound. To make an even longer story short. Daisy is fine. She is healed and acting like her old self. It was truly a miracle for my children to see. I love when God allows us these opportunities to see miracles. They can be stressful and scary but if you trust in the Lord for all things he can do all things. My children were shown this through our little dog.

Through the last couple months we have also celebrated Wynters birthday and Easter. We tried to make both these occasions special during all the hecticness.

I have been trying so hard to get organized in this rental. I did not now what to do with myself the first couple of weeks. I was quite disoriented from not having a dishwasher and not having much space. I am finally getting organized and have my lists started. I am going to start a nutritional class for my children and have invited any of the home school parents from church who are interested. I will have my school for the coming year ordered next week and I feel like I am going to be getting back on track. We are having major plumbing problems right now but it should be taken care of tomorrow. They have to dig up the pipes in the back yard. We have lived most of the week having to watch how much water we put out.

All in all I am getting back on track. Lord willing our house will done in July. That sounds so very exciting to me.

I am unable to upload pictures right now. I will try soon.

10 comments:

Cherrie said...

You have had so much happen, I am so glad that daisy was o.k. Hope your plumbing problems get solved soon. Glad to see you back, but don't wait so long to post again.....O.K. Love ya,,,, Cherrie Call me sometime

Sylvia said...

WOW!! That sounds very stressful. I am glad that Daisy is okay. I it so good for our kids to see God's mercy. I hope the months speed by for you. I would hate to give up my dishwasher now.

JoAnn said...

Michelle, I glad you were not hurt in the Daisy accident. You could have been hit by a car or something. So thankful your dog is doing better. won't be long before you all are in your very own brand new house!

Jules said...

Wow! God was definately with you guys a couple of times. I'm glad the fire didn't get out of control. Also, I'm so happy that Daisy is okay, that is so scary to have happen. I'm glad to see you on here again. We understand that you will be a busy lady for a while, so we understand :) I'm happy for you guys getting to build your own home, that is such a blessing! We really enjoyed you guys the other night, hope to do it again, soon :)

meNmykids said...

Wow! What a busy 2 months. So glad that the dog is okay. Can't wait for pictures.

Sabriena said...

An animal doesn't seem like a very important thing to pray for in the scheme of things, but for a beloved pet, it is. I think it was wonderful that your children were able to see another miracle of God's through your dog, Daisy. I remember once when Kali's dog, Midnighte (we spelled it that way so it would be prettier), was sick. We THINK that she swallowed a chicken bone or ate some dog poisonous plants we had at the time. We anointed her with olive oil, prayed over her, and I can't remember for sure, but I think that while I wasn't there, they gave her some wine, too. She was better by morning! (We did that in the evening). Our God is a wonderful God, and if He is watching every sparrow, falling or flying, He is watching over us and our pets, too. I'm glad that you didn't have anything worse than a burnt pizza to happen from September's little misunderstanding. A food nutrition project sounds like fun. Wish we were there!

Sabriena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs.Martin said...

Wow what a time Michelle. I think that is so wonderful your children were able to see the Lord working through your Daisy. I can just see you jumping out to pick her up instinctively. What a sight that must have been. I know I am commenting late, but I am glad you are getting a bit of organization while in transition. So important to sanity huh? I did a catch up post myself after not blogging for awhile too.

Sabriena said...

I hope you ever post again.

Sabriena said...

Even though you haven't posted in forever, I just want to leave you a comment telling you that I've finally been called, and am now your sister. Hopefully you will check this blog before too long!