Saturday, October 6, 2007

Time is Flying By

Time has really been passing by quickly. I have not blogged because I have not had the time or energy to do so. This last week has been very busy. Kevin and I finally found the time and a day that I felt well enough to go on a date. We were unable to go out on our anniversary because Derek was hurt and I felt so bad. We had a wonderful time. Time alone needed between the two of us before the baby was born. We need to go out alone more often to stay connected to who we are as a couple. Kevin took me to a place I have been wanting to try for a while called the Melting Pot. It is a very romantic place that serves Fondue. It was a very interesting experience. My favorite course was the last course full of sweet treats that we dipped in chocolate. The rest of the meal was an experience full of dipping in cheeses, broths, and a pretty good salad. After we ate we walked the river and laughed a little. It was a good day.

We have finally gotten the kids rooms done. The girls love their room and feel like they have their own space which is important and hard to do when you have to share a room. Derek's room has changed the most and we all love how it turned out. It was a lot of work but worth it. Kevin really did the brunt of Dereks room. Thank you babe it looks great.
Pictures of Dereks Colorado Rockies Room!!!

The rest of the week was catching up everything around the house that was put on hold due to the rooms. I got all my cleaning caught up and school. It was quit a chore. I still have a few things left on my list because Derek injured his hand and wrist and it flared up on Wednesday. We have had a lot of bad nights since then and he could still use some prayers for healing. I can't even explain to everyone how much he has went through for only being 9 but he only had a week in between healing his ankles and this. Never the less he is healing and showing improvement day by day.

So this week I will finish catching up and rest up to have this child. I have started to have morning sickness, all day, again and the normal I can't wait to get this over with feeling of aches and pains. Wednesday I will have 2 weeks left and I am completely thrilled to not have much longer to wait. Life does fly by so the time will be here sooner than later.

5 comments:

meNmykids said...

Sounds like you have been busy! What a wonderful dinner to have! Sorry to hear about Dereck, kids can really come up with some worry stuff for parents. Poor kid! Can't wait to hear about a baby.

Cherrie said...

His room looks great! Tell Kevin he did a good job. Where are the pictures of the girls room? The time has gone by so fast. I can't believe you are due in just a few weeks. Wow where did the time go?

Jules said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Melting Pot. Ryan and I wanted to go there for our anniversary in may but Ryan ended up having a stomach ache, so we didn't go then adn haven't gone since then. I'm hoping to try it, yeah the chocolate dipped strawberries and cheesecake sounds sooo good! Derricks room looks great! I didn't know you were redoing his room. IF, and only IF you are getting rid of any of his Star Wars decorations, let me know, because that is what we are doign Blake's room in. We have been looking for a comforter but can't find a Star Wars comforter ANYWHERE. But please don't feel like you have to get rid of anything, but if you are going to, give me a holler ;) But the CR room looks great!

Trina said...

His room looks fabulous! Great job!! I am glad you are trying to take some opportunities to spend some one on one with Kevin. It wont be long now before that is a distant memory again...hehehe I am sorry to hear about Derek. It is so difficult to see our children in pain. I hope that he is completely well soon, and he can just enjoy being a 9 year old boy!

Jules said...

Somehow I missed the blog writing under the pictures and saw Trina's comment about Derek and was wondering what she was writing about. I'm also sorry that he got hurt again. I feel so bad for him. :(